1. What are you afraid of?
I have a terrible fear of being judged, which makes it ironic that I write about sex and especially about my personal experiences online for the whole world to read.
I’m also afraid of people judging my children. The idea that other kids at their school would find my writing online and then bully and tease my sons about it is terrifying to me.
2. Why do you write?
It makes me feel good. It’s necessary for me. I need to write because writing about myself helps me organize my beliefs and opinions, which increases my confidence.
Writing is also a way to air out my brain that’s constantly alive with new ideas. I feel depressed when I’m not writing and happy when I do.
I’ve realized I have to release my ideas from my brain into the world somehow. Otherwise, they fester inside me and I literally feel like shit.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world (and didn’t have to worry about money, work or family attachment) where would it be and why?
Paris — because it’s the center of fashion, art, food, and beauty — all the things I love.
4. Do you have any rituals? If so, what’s your favorite ritual (habit with intent) and why?
Waking up earlier than everyone else and drinking copious amounts of great coffee.
It used to be staying up later than everyone else and drinking copious amounts of red wine. But then I became a mother, so goodbye to that.
5. What’s at the top of your sex-bucket list?
Hmmm, keep checking back. Maybe I’ll write about it.
6. What are four things you couldn’t live without?
My amazing children. Probably everything else in the world I could live without. But I don’t know how I’d go on without my sons.
7. What would you like to let go of?
My fears. My anxiety. My social shyness. My grudges. My anger. My petty jealousies and insecurities.
8. Can you describe your bravest moment?
Deciding to remove my mother from life support when she’d been deemed brain dead.
9. What’s the most significant thing you learned about yourself in 2019?
I’m able to write much faster than I ever thought I could.
10. What are three things you’d like to manifest in 2020?
Earning a robust income from my writing. I won’t name a number because I’ve found all this bragging about money on Medium to be DETESTABLE. However, yes, I’d like to earn more money, too. You’ll just never see me writing about it.